Coaches Urgently Required
U/15 Coaching Coordinator
U/17+ Coaching Coordinator
As U/15 Coaching Coordinator or U/17 and above Coaching Coordinator in Shettleston Harriers, you will ensure that you set up a vibrant coaching structure, to assist athletes to improve their performances, arrange mentors to support coaches to progress to the level they aspire to, and recruit new coaches. This would be achieved by working in closely with the Head Coach and the other Coaching Coordinators.
Ideally, you’ll need to be:
- Confident and good at communicating
- As highly qualified as possible – preferably ‘Level 2 Athletics Coach’ or above
- Willing to be UK Athletics CRB checked
What you will do:
- Help to set up the coaching structure for your club, as agreed by the Coaching Committee
- Identify any gaps in the structure
- Resolve gaps by working with neighbouring clubs, arranging coach visits and encouraging coach development within your club
- Help to hold regular coaching committee meetings to discuss coaching issues
- Keep up to date with the new UKA Coach Education Programme
- Advise coaches and potential coaches when and where appropriate coach education courses are taking place
- Liaise with the scottishathletics regional development manager to request courses in your club or network of clubs based on need;
- Promote coach development opportunities to your club coaches
- Liaise with your club welfare officer to ensure all coaches are CRB checked and aware of the new vetting and barring procedures
- Liaise with and encourage older athletes, parents and other volunteers to take up coaching
How much time will it take?
Each volunteering role in most cases will take between 2-3 hours per week, mainly in the evenings and weekends, with additional time if you are actively coaching.
What will you get out of it?
The volunteering roles within our club are highly rewarding. Once the coaching structure is fully in place and athletes and coaches start to progress, you’ll be able to see the results of your efforts in the results of the athletes and the club as a whole.
If you are interested in applying for one of these roles, please email Alex Mackay (email@example.com) which position your are interested in and a short personal statement.
We are looking for a club member who can help organise our social events and fundraisers such as race nights. From booking venues to arranging catering and sorting out ticketing, we would be happy to have any input, however great or small. If this sounds like something you could help with, please contact John Mackay (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are looking for a club member with IT knowhow who can help with the maintenance of the website, membership database, and social media accounts. If you are willing and able to give up some of your spare time to provide IT assistance to the club, please contact John Mackay (email@example.com).